Working at Sterling Planet
The employees of Sterling Planet are on the cutting-edge of today’s environmental solutions. You can see our passion in our dedication to our clients and their goals, how we strive to walk the sustainability talk as an organization, and in the many ways in which our employees work to reduce their own environmental impacts.
Sterling Planet offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as a fast-paced, friendly work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications.
We are always on the lookout for people who share our commitment to excellence and the environment. If you think you have what it takes and are looking for the opportunity to join a business you can believe in to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
Manager, Business Development
Seeking a Business Development Manager responsible for generating sales, account management, and client relationship building
State-Region: Various, US
Company: Sterling Planet
Manager, Business Development
This position is an essential part of the growing the Business Development team at Sterling Planet. Previous experience in sales plus knowledge of, and passion for the sustainable or energy marketplace is desired. Candidates should anticipate working in a dynamic environment interacting with all levels of management.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Generate revenue for company by reaching out to potential clients and business leads.
- Demonstrate initiative and intelligence, with the ability to think quickly, promote a variety of diverse products and services, respond to off-the-cuff questions, and overcome objections.
- Capacity to work independently combined with the ability to thrive in a team environment and a desire to help your teammates excel and succeed. Strong ethics and professional demeanor required.
- Handle client relationship from lead to close of sale, and provide follow up service for client retention.
- Willing to learn aspects and nuances of corporate sustainability goals and processes, while capable of educating potential clients of the value of sustainability.
- Ability to create individual presentations for clients from standard green marketing campaigns and sales pitches.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate business opportunities, and contribute to marketing efforts.
- All employees are required to meet or exceed quarterly or yearly goals as established with their supervisors.
- Consistently maintain and utilize CRM software, experience in Salesforce useful
- Interest in, and personal commitment to, environmental sustainability.
- Bachelors degree from a 4-year University preferred, business, marketing or equivalent.
- Strong desire to be part of environmental and sustainability causes, an ability and passion to advance the adoption of clean energy,
- 1-3 years sales experience desired, including 1-2 years of high-volume telephone cold calling experience with demonstrated success in lead-to-sale conversion.
- Experienced in gaining product knowledge and presentation ability.
Personal Conduct, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter with an ability to make decisions.
- Proficient in the use of office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM).
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, able to interface well with all levels of management.
- Attentive to detail and committed to accuracy.
- Proactive in problem identification and resolution: a team player, a willingness to take responsibility, a positive, enthusiastic attitude; flexibility.
- Able to handle multiple projects with competing demands.
- Behave with respect, honesty, and integrity in all responsibilities and in dealings with customers, coworkers and vendors.
- Commitment to the company values of fiscal, social and environmental stewardship.
Sterling Planet pays industry commission rates to sales professionals that have the ability to identify, target, and close small and medium business projects around energy efficiency. If you are not in the sustainable energy industry but have a passion for clean energy and climate change and have the confidence and desire to sell, you can earn a sizable income while working for a company that will appreciate and support your efforts. We are looking for individuals that have previous B2B outside sales experience and ability to work remotely.