New York utility customers supporting clean, renewable energy
Sterling Planet offers Sterling NY Choice™ for Con Edison customers in New York. With our three signup levels – for a small, medium or large New York City house or apartment – subscribers pay $10, $15 or $20 a month. You stay with Con Edison, and pay Sterling Planet directly for the renewable energy upgrade.
Even if you do not have an account with Con Edison, but you live in the Con Edison service area, you can begin supporting clean, renewable energy.
For as little as $10 per month, you can upgrade to cleaner renewable electricity from New York State sources – and do your part for the environment, for energy security and independence, and for sustainability.
| REC Source
||% Electricity Use
|new wind||50%||New York State|
|small hydro||50%||New York State|
|total renewables||100%||New York State|
By choosing renewable energy certificates, you are:
- Clearing the air, offsetting carbon dioxide emissions from regular power plants
- Conserving fossil fuels – oil, coal and natural gas – that are nonrenewable
- Boosting energy diversity and sustainability
- Buying new solar, wind, small hydro and bioenergy from New York generators
- Supporting New York and local economies
- Developing New York’s renewable energy market
Here’s how it works:
- If you are a Con Ed customer, you can stay with Con Ed, keeping the same relationship. Or you may select a competitive electricity supplier.
- You pay a flat fee that does not vary – $10, $15 or $20 will be charged to your credit card on a recurring, monthly basis.
- Change or cancel your enrollment at any time.
The table below shows how much you’ll pay at various electricity usage and signup levels. You can upgrade to cleaner renewable energy certificates from regional sources – and do your part for the environment, for energy security and independence, and for sustainability.
|Monthly Usage||Monthly Fee|